Buffalo Engineering is committed to delivering successful projects for our clients…with your satisfaction as a key measure of our success.
Founded in 1990, Buffalo Engineering provides design and construction administration services to governmental/municipal, educational, institutional, health care, housing and commercial clients. We have an extensive and diverse client base throughout New York State and the northeast. We point with pride to our strong partnerships and longstanding relationships with our clients, a number of whom have been with our firm since its founding. On a yearly basis over 80% of our work is with repeat clients, and referrals are a significant portion of our new business.
Buffalo Engineering combines MEP consulting engineering services with specialized energy engineering, renewable energy and commissioning expertise. This results in a “whole building” approach that considers how facility systems can work together most efficiently. Our continuum of services facilitates successful, energy efficient projects that are completed in a seamless, time-efficient and cost-effective manner.
We emphasize client satisfaction and project value from the original kickoff meeting through the punch-list process. We are totally dedicated to meeting the most exacting standards in working for our clients…with their satisfaction as a key measure of our success.
Buffalo Engineering is proud to be on the project team for these acclaimed projects.
2020 AIA NY Design Award Architecture Category (Honor)
Richardson Olmsted Campus Renovation
2018 Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Award
Richardson Olmsted Campus
Business First Brick by Brick Awards
- 2020 Best Historic Restoration: Darwin Martin House Complex
- 2020 Best Multi-Residential: Marin Building
- 2020 Best Expansion: Moog Inc. Aircraft Group
- 2020 Best New Office: 1091 Main
- 2018 Business Historic Preservation Project: Richardson Olmsted Campus
- 2015 Best New Office: Rich Products Innovation Center and Atrium
- 2015 Best Sports Complex: Ralph Wilson Stadium Renovations
- 2014 Golden Brick Award – Top Construction Project of the Year: One Canalside
- 2014 Best Historic Preservation Project: The Graystone at 24 Johnson Park
- 2014 Best Multi-Residential Project: Bethune Lofts on Main Street
- 2013 Best New Office: Moog Corporate Headquarters
- 2012 Best New Office/Development: Iskalo Development 2780 Delaware Avenue
- 2012 Best Historic Restoration/Renovation: Health Sciences Charter School
- 2011 Best New Office: Seneca Nation of Indians William Seneca Office Building
- 2010 Best Education Project: Health Sciences Charter School
- 2007 Best Medical Project: Western New York Medical Arts Center
- 2004 Best New Office Building: Sheridan Meadows Corporate Park North
Preservation Buffalo Niagara Preservation Awards
- 2019 Outstanding Project (greater than 10,000 sf): School 77
- 2018 Project of Distinction: Hotel Henry at the Richardson Olmsted Campus
- 2017 Neighborhood Conservation: Richardson Olmsted Campus Core Project
- 2017 Outstanding Public Building Project: Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens Renovations of Houses #2 and #3
- 2013 Renovation/Adaptive Reuse: Remington Lofts on the Canal
AIA Buffalo/WNY Architecture Awards
- 2017 Design Award – Commercial/Institutional: Richardson Olmsted Campus Core Project
- 2017 Community Award – Institutional/Educational: Nicandri Nature Center at Robert Moses State Park
- 2017 Merit Award – Historic Preservation: Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens Renovations of Houses #2 and #3
- 2010 Honor Award: Bailey Genesee Fire Station
- 2010 AIA Merit Award: SUNY at Buffalo North and South Campus Child Care Centers