$51.6 million, 278,000 sf phased redevelopment project involving core and shell renovation; commercial kitchen and banquet/event space; high end apartments; rooftop patio; and build out for the parking garage. The project involved extensive renovations to the buildings’ MEP infrastructure as well as to common area components.
The original building, designed by architects Green & Wicks, was constructed in 1915 as the Marine Trust Company Building. It is connected to an adjacent eight-story addition at 241 Main Street, which was constructed in 1957 as an expansion to the original building. The buildings are located in the Joseph Ellicott Historic Preservation District. We also prepared MEP/FP information for SHPO submissions for Phase 1 and Phase 2. The original lobbies, bank hall, vaults, and boardroom had remained intact prior to the adaptive reuse and were preserved and restored in the renovation.